Friday, March 26, 2010

Adorable ducks


Well, as most of you know, when you are looking for inspiration, it can be found in some of the most unexpected places. I recently saw some art prints that caught my eye and I decided to recreate them. This one, with the ducks on a pond, was in a bathroom. I found the "i adore you" print on my Xyron Design Runner and needed something to finish the thought. When I saw the print, I knew I had a match!
This was a fun project. Mainly teardrop shapes and the leaves and large butterfly wing were combed. The water and flower are shaped marquise. For the butterfly's head, I left a piece hanging after I wound the end. Then shaped the teardrop and cut the middle from the hanging end so that I could create antennae.
Let me know what you think of it.

No comments: