Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I'm quilling now!


Yeah, ok, I admit it! It's been a long time since I last posted. Didn't know what I was going to do. Not sure which direction to move in or whether I should give up everything. But just in that last month I've discovered quilling! I'm thrilled with it in fact. :O)

So here I'm sharing some of my newest work. And I hope to continue sharing it as new cards become available.
Recently I've been made aware how important bereavement cards can be. We all grow up knowing that some day our parents will pass on. But we never quite grasp the concept that our spouse or child may precede us. When it happens it is a devastating blow to our lives. If it happened to me, I want to know that I had people out there willing to help me get over it. I think most people have their family to turn to, but sometimes we need peers that can get us past that point in our lives. People who love us, but understand when it's time to move on. So I'm going to work on a few bereavement cards that people can use when needed to let that person who has suffered a loss know that they are cared about. Loved. I think a handmade card helps make that point, as well as a handwritten note inside.

Let me know if you have any comments or ideas. You can see this card and others on my Flickr page.

Warm regards,
Shelly

2 comments:

Custom Quilling Supplies said...

Welcome to world of quilling!
I think you're on the right track with handmade cards, very thoughtful.

Keep on Quillin',
Denise
http://www.customquillingbydenise.com/shop

Shelly said...

Denise,
Thank you for the compliment! Considering your time involved in this art, I consider that very special. It is truly appreciated.