Friday, June 25, 2010

June 2010

June has been a busy and interesting month.  School let out for the summer, of course, so now I find myself challenged with keeping my grand-daughter busy - daily.  We've been doing some crafting.  She's quite creative and enjoys making cards along side me.

My oldest daughter celebrated a milestone birthday.  She wasn't pleased about it, but she did enjoy the surprise party that her dad and I put on for her.

One of my friends, who's son is my grand-daughter's friend as well, moved away.  Far away.  It was sad.
But her best friend is now more available!  So there are day visits and overnights to enjoy.  And that's not only fun, but a lot of what summers are supposed to be about!

And I'm still creating.  I've done another pair of earrings.  Trying out some different shapes this time.  Also a card.  A card challenge on Paper Craft Planet asked us to use words - something that inspires us - to create the card.  I don't know the author of this because I found the words on some paper I purchased.  I liked the way it sounded and saved back the paper for the right occasion.  It seemed perfect for a new graduate or someone who has received a promotion.  And I used bold colors and patterns to match the idea.  I also hand penned the sentiment, because after all, I enjoy writing!

 

Quilled earrings.  I used teal and brown papers and shaped them into a diamond.  The dragonflies are antiqued gold looking and swing freely in front of the diamonds.







Show the World Who You Are! card sports fall colors, but they are bold.  Based around brown, you have cream polka dots and multiple colors, then a rust card stock layer with a splattered cream with rust and gray layer.  I used royal blue and deep brown ribbons to break up the lines and topped it with the sentiment on a light blue card stock.




So June has been a good month.  I'm getting better organized, finding ways to meet the time challenges and enjoying time with my grand-daughter.
I hope that all of you have a wonderful summer and that you find ways to meet your challenges as well.

Best wishes,
Shelly

1 comment:

Mihaela said...

I like the earrings, like the colours and design!