Friday, April 16, 2010

Mother's Day and Something Abstract

Well, as we all know, Mother's Day is coming in just a couple of weeks and I really needed to get a card made for the moms.  I had an idea of what I wanted it to look like, but alas, I couldn't find the stamps I wanted.  But I did find this one and I like it. It has an element of fun about it!
I started with my new white linen cardstock and cut an oval for the stamp to show through.  The text sheet behind is a very pale yellow.  I used the Design Runner for the wording.  That worked very well, but took a test run to get it right.  Then I added the quilled flowers and shapes.  Behold, a very personalized Mother's Day card.

 And, while I had the time, I made this abstract piece.  I'm trying to incorporate more elements into my cards.  This uses layering (white linen, peach and printed papers), quilling (royal blue, carmel, coral, red and white 1/16 inch) and embossing powder.

Both cards turned out really well and I'm glad that I took the time to play with some new ideas and elements.  I hope that you enjoy looking at them!

No comments: